The Doctor is in the House. Thank you very much.

DocVelocity
Banned

Re: The Doctor is in the House. Thank you very much.

Post by DocVelocity » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:49 am

Royal wrote:Let's keep the muzzle talk for the bed room.
Hey, baby, I'll roll your glowing white posterior, if you're cruising for a piece of my ass....

— Doc Velocity
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. — Satchel Paige (famed Negro)
http://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Reign-Recla ... 1453713379

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:04 am

DocVelocity wrote:Hey, I was INVITED to TD, and my first words here were, "Thank you for the welcome."

The first unsolicited thing Royal said to me was that I was a "loon or a goon" and accused me of having a crosshair on Obama's face, which was a stupid observation, at best, and an outright lie, at worst, meant to start shit.

If the asshole wants to provoke me, right out of the gate, then I'm going to respond in my typical fashion. As I've said many times, don't provoke me and there won't be any trouble.

So, put a muzzle on Royal's ignorant ass.

— Doc Velocity

It's a forum. People will post "unsolicited" things, it's kind of how forums work, strange as it may seem.

And you want to control what other people post by telling them "don't provoke me and there won't be any trouble"? Trying to intimidate people into saying and posting only what suits you? Hahahahahaha.

Sorry, you are not a moderator or forum owner here. You don't get to set the rules, you don't get to dictate how and what other members posts. You don't get to put a "muzzle" on anybodys ass. If you can't handle other people's opinions or inputs, if you can't take other people disagreeing or disliking you, perhaps you should log out and take up knitting or something instead.

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 am

This is a stoopid argument. The Doc adds an interesting point of view and a colorful means of presenting it. This community won't thrive if it rejects posters with an edge. Pigion was right to invite him and Doc was right in choosing to stay.
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:56 am

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:This is a stoopid argument. The Doc adds an interesting point of view and a colorful means of presenting it. This community won't thrive if it rejects posters with an edge. Pidgion was right to invite him and Doc was right in choosing to stay.
So you really think Doc should be able to "muzzle" people by telling them not to "provoke" him? He gets to intimidate people into shutting up? Yeah, right.

I thought you were in favour of free speech.

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:58 am

He can say anything he wants as far as I'm concerned. That's in the nature of free speech.
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:02 am

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:He can say anything he wants as far as I'm concerned. That's in the nature of free speech.
Him telling other people not to "provoke" him is him trying to stifle free speech. He wants to be able to say anything he wants, and at the same time trying to get others to shut up about things he don't like to hear by threathening them with "trouble", which in his case means walls of insults that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

The man is certainly good at cursing, but he has no idea what free speech is really about. And you don't either, it seems.

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:08 am

'Don't tread on me' is free speech too. It doesn't bother me a whit.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:51 am

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:'Don't tread on me' is free speech too. It doesn't bother me a whit.
It bothers me like hell, ESPECIALLY when the person saying it is not only "treading", but stomping all over other people.

DocVelocity
Banned

Post by DocVelocity » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:11 pm

TraumaT wrote:Sorry, I'm a complete idiot. You don't have to listen to me, because I'm an obnoxious and immature asshole who thrives on criticizing other members posts, like the deformed parasite that I am. You don't have to watch me huffing ass. If you can't handle other people's opinions or inputs, crush their skulls under your jack boot.
Good advice. Thanks.

— Doc Velocity
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. — Satchel Paige (famed Negro)
http://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Reign-Recla ... 1453713379

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Hahahaha. A tad over the top but what the hell...