The Doctor is in the House. Thank you very much.

Royal

Re: The Doctor is in the House. Thank you very much.

Post by Royal » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:22 am

That's of course if he's not a goon.

Set

Post by Set » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:05 am

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:That's not good. Doc has a point of view that's important. He's a bright andi funny guy. Let hm speak.
I'll second and third that. Doc has a grouse sense of humour!
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:09 am

Set wrote:
Cartoonsyndicate wrote:That's not good. Doc has a point of view that's important. He's a bright andi funny guy. Let hm speak.
I'll second and third that. Doc has a grouse sense of humour!

Hahahahahaha but he is not funny, I do believe he is completely serious ;)

Royal

Post by Royal » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:59 am

As an unperfect actor on the stage,
Who with his fear is put beside his part,
Or some fierce thing replete with too much rage,
Whose strength's abundance weakens his own heart;
So I, for fear of trust, forget to say
The perfect ceremony of love's rite,
And in mine own love's strength seem to decay,
O'ercharged with burthen of mine own love's might.
O! let my looks be then the eloquence
And dumb presagers of my speaking breast,
Who plead for love, and look for recompense,
More than that tongue that more hath more express'd.
O! learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love's fine wit.
Bill Shakespeare, Superbowl XXIII

Set

Post by Set » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:31 pm

O-o-wah, Doc is b-a-d! Doc said "f--k"! :shock:
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Set

Post by Set » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 am

I hope Jesus didn't stoop to using the vulgar Hebrew expression for "f--king" when he was forced by his preaching to refer to the filthy act of procreation. Let's hope He too used the decent, religiously correct Latin term for f--king, i.e. "coitus."

I'm sure all the ladies on this site say "OH COITUS!...COITUS ME SENSELESS!!" on the (extremely rare) occasions that they get sexually excited by their husbands penile thrusting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A753527

Pana

Post by Pana » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:32 am

You know, constant swearing is just, well, boring. It's not edgy anymore - it's more 'politically correct' to swear than it is to not swear. Everyone swears and all the time. It's on T.V., little kids swear, politicians swear. Ho hum. An articulate, well spoken person is getting more and more rare.

What is getting even more rare than that are people who don't go on the offense when being corrected in a mistaken belief.

Pigeon did good in correcting Doc. The question is whether or not Doc can man up and accept the correction without a hissy fit.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:39 am

I swear but not all the time ;)

Sometimes those words are words that fit the feeling you are trying to express best.

My husband and kids all swear often so I am just around it all the time, so it really doesn't phase me. In fact, I don't even notice when someone swears when I am talking to them.... but when it is in a written form, bolded, put in italics and directed to a person in particular it bothers me.

I don't call people nasty names when I am frustrated or disappointed with them. It doesn't seem right. Although I might call someone an ass ;)

My son just came and told me when he gets a dog he will call it "Stains", I said why would you name a dog "Stains" and he said because when I call it I will say "Come Stains"..... I just looked at him and rolled my eyes thinking where do they get this crap from?

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:41 am

I enjoy swear words at the right time, I don't understand when someone constantly has to curse at others.

Pana

Post by Pana » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 am

Pam wrote:I swear but not all the time ;)

Sometimes those words are words that fit the feeling you are trying to express best.

My husband and kids all swear often so I am just around it all the time, so it really doesn't phase me. In fact, I don't even notice when someone swears when I am talking to them.... but when it is in a written form, bolded, put in italics and directed to a person in particular it bothers me.

I don't call people nasty names when I am frustrated or disappointed with them. It doesn't seem right. Although I might call someone an ass ;)

My son just came and told me when he gets a dog he will call it "Stains", I said why would you name a dog "Stains" and he said because when I call it I will say "Come Stains"..... I just looked at him and rolled my eyes thinking where do they get this crap from?
lol
Come Stains! Hilarious! :rofl: Let's hope he holds out on getting a dog for a little while longer, hey?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus