Alien Abuction as a phenomenon regurgitated ...

lkwalker

Re: Alien Abuction as a phenomenon regurgitated ...

Post by lkwalker » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:50 am

I don't know that it's possible to do a definitive enumeration. But I do know that the leading authority in the field, Dr John Mack performed most of his research in Africa. The phenomenon is also wide spread in South America, England, Mexico and France as a familiarity with the literature would demonstrate. Some of the best documented cases originate in Brazil. It's probably little reported in Norway since Scandinavians are so notoriously 'sensible.' hahahahaha
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:55 am

On a side note- does anyone besides you actually bother to read my bullshit on this subject? hahahaha

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:00 pm

lkwalker wrote:On a side note- does anyone besides you actually bother to read my bullshit on this subject?
Perhaps you should try to insert some pics of boobs and stuff in your musings. Might spark some more interest, hahahaha!

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Hell- that's not my style. But maybe we can prevail upon the Lex to do some commentary.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:43 pm

lkwalker wrote:Hell- that's not my style. But maybe we can prevail upon the Lex to do some commentary.
Don't think he will show up here anytime soon. But who knows where his socks are?

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Oh well. He generally adds nothing to any forum except for an occasional picture of a woman's ass and a face palm anyway.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:11 pm

lkwalker wrote:Oh well. He generally adds nothing to any forum except for an occasional picture of a woman's ass and a face palm anyway.
True.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:15 pm

From Wikipedia:
Geography and culture as influences on abductor descriptions

Although proponents have argued that there is a core narrative consistent across abduction claims, there is little doubt that variation occurs in the details of reports across cultures and geographic boundaries. The biology and attitudes of the abductors are points of drastic divergence between the home countries of different abduction claimants.[3] Robert Sheaffer observes:

"In North America large-headed gray aliens predominate, while in Britain abduction aliens are usually tall, blond, and Nordic, and South America tends toward more bizarre creatures, including hairy monsters."[3]

As noted above, the so-called Greys are most popularly associated with abduction reports. Again, however, this seems to be a North American paradigm best-known since the 1980s. On the contrary, some researchers (such as Kevin D. Randle in his 1997 book, Faces Of The Visitors: An Illustrated Reference To Alien Contact) have noted a vast variety of alleged creatures have been reported in abduction accounts worldwide, with some of the alleged creatures not even described as humanoid.

Although in North America, "aliens" of extraterrestrial origin are the most commonly blamed in these incidents, in Europe and other parts of the world, the beings involved are as often perceived to be demonic or spiritual in origin.[citation needed] Common elements in the descriptions of abductions and visitations vary by region and local culture, with only a very few elements being the same worldwide, such as an otherworldly sensation, reports of mind control, repressed memories being rediscovered, and sexual experiences. These elements, and many aspects of what witnesses describe, are very common in old stories of encounters with faeries, demons, and other magical creatures.

In Brazil, there are strong links between the abduction phenomenon and spiritist traditions.[7] Brazilian abduction researcher Gilda Moura reports that following an increase in spiritism in the 1980s, there was a surge in the popularity of "Spiritist Centers" where paranormal healings occurred that "involv[ed] actual surgical cutting".[7]

These kinds of centers first appeared in the 1950s where claims of medical practitioners operating out "of a space laboratory" spread among the Brazilian population, especially among the spiritist community.[7] Descriptions of these alleged healing experiences share much common imagery with the alien abduction and medical examinations reported in the anglophone world.[7] Moura notes that the critical difference between Brazilian reports of spiritual space surgeons and "typical" abductions is that Brazilians perceive the phenomenon as "pleasant and spiritual" while abductees report "terror."[7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_abduction_entities

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:43 pm

An exchange with Dr Lynne Kitei
Kim Walker: I seem to recall Pete Gersten quoting this memo word for word 10 years ago. Why is it news?
Lynne Dumin Kitei: Actually Kim, this FBI/UFO memo has been available to the public since 1977. Curious that it went viral this week, especially with thousands of files recently released by other countries & the increase in global sightings. Seems disclosure is happening NOW, at a grass roots level. Please check out http://www.thephoenixlights.net/%20for%20more.
Kim: I agree, Lynne. For anyone paying attention modern disclosure began with Don Keyhoe and Frank Edwards in the late 40s. But until we stumble upon a motive for this invasion it will not be satisfying.
Lynne: Don't know that I'd call it an invasion Kim. From the credible data I've meticulously compiled over the past 14 yrs., seems that 'unearthly' intelligences have been visiting our planet for millennium. Even though many indigenous cultures welcome them, not saying everything 'out there' is benevolent. But in the case of the 1997 AZ mass sighting, to my knowledge there has not been one report of harm, threat or abduction associated with the Phoenix Lights. That in itself is telling.
Kim Walker: Lynne, There is no such principle as a benevolent invasion. The two concepts are mutually exclusive by definition. And this is so regardless of the intentions of the invaders, be they benevolent, malevolent or indifferent in my judgement. At the very moment that any civilization is confronted by a superior force it is necessarily reduced to the status of property. Let the Santayana Advice inform us. "'unearthly' intelligences have been visiting our planet for millennium." Of that I have little doubt. And I think that's partly what inspired CH Fort to conclude, "We are property."
To be continued...

Pana

Post by Pana » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:28 pm

I've seen the African research cited but haven't been able to find the documentation. Did Mack include this in the Passport to the Cosmos? I'd feel more comfortable seeing the data before I concede that Africanners are being abducted.

Also, I finished Friedman's book on the B & B Hill abduction. I find it believable.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus