Stack overflow? Huh..?

TraumaT

Stack overflow? Huh..?

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:24 pm

I have a question, and since this happens when I use my computer... There are some blogs I am following now regarding the baby Lisa case, and on a couple of them I sometimes get a message in a little window.

It says: "Stack overflow at line 115"... Of course I haven't got a clue what that means.... :facepalm:

I just want to know, is my PC about to explode or something? What does those messages mean?

Pigeon

Re: Stack overflow? Huh..?

Post by Pigeon » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:29 pm

That is indicating that the program code has had a stack error. The stack is used to hold data during certain operations.

If it happens at only on site then the programming in the web pages there is causing it.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Wiki gives a run down...

In software, a stack overflow occurs when too much memory is used on the call stack. The call stack contains a limited amount of memory, often determined at the start of the program. The size of the call stack depends on many factors, including the programming language, machine architecture, multi-threading, and amount of available memory. When a program attempts to use more space than is available on the call stack (that is, when it attempts to access memory beyond the call stack's bounds, which is essentially a buffer overflow), the stack is said to overflow, typically resulting in a program crash. This class of software bug is usually caused by one of two types of programming errors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stack_overflow

Typically it's a program problem, not the PC.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Free baby Lisa.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:39 pm

lkwalker wrote:Free baby Lisa.
Have you been following this case? The most bizarre ever. And I will have a meltdown if these to low life parents get away with killing the 10 month old daughter and this turns into Casey Anthony 2...

I really, really hope they find the baby before the body is too decomposed to determine a cause of death.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:41 pm

What became of the gas station video that appeared to show someone carrying a baby during the night she went missing.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Oh stop it. The kid was napped. Remember Elizebeth Smart? Her parents were being trussed for the gallows when she turned up. It happens.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Pigeon wrote:What became of the gas station video that appeared to show someone carrying a baby during the night she went missing.
The video only shows a figure (can be a woman too) and is not clear enough to show whether he/she was carrying something. But two witnesses have come forward, claiming to have seen a man carrying a baby. At least one of those witnesses seems to be lying his ass off.

Mrs. Fatty and her creepy stone faced hubby is responsible for Lisa's disappearence. The fat slob killed the girl, and Mr. Creep disposed of the body. Does it show that I hate their guts?

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:51 pm

lkwalker wrote:Oh stop it. The kid was napped. Remember Elizebeth Smart? Her parents were being trussed for the gallows when she turned up. It happens.
AAAAAAGHHHH!!!! The little baby girl is dead. Even her parents are talking about her in past tense now.... And it's not like any of them have bothered to help look for her or cooperate with LE in their search for Lisa... :(

And yes, yes, I know they have to be proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt before any verdict is given in a court. I know they should not be convicted of anything if there is no clear evidence. I know it and I agree with it completely.

I am just hoping with all my heart that LE will do everything right and that they have something solid to show a jury this time. This case has really gotten to me.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Well even if they're guilty I recommend that the charges be reduced to post partum abortion.