"I Am That I Am" Or "The One Who Watches"

Egg

Re: "I Am That I Am" Or "The One Who Watches"

Post by Egg » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:06 pm

lkwalker wrote:nah. they were schmoozing about his spare tire.
Hey, he's not as young as he used to be.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:17 pm

yeah. especially since he morphed into Mel Brooks.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Definitely one of the top three comedies of all times. I must have watched History of the World 100 times.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:29 pm

The pseudo real world...

<head>
<title>Toasted Bot</title>
<meta name="description" content="Toasted Dolphin Pseudo Reality and Conspiracy Discussion Forum. Don't let the DEW get you.">
<meta name="keywords" content="forum,conspiracy,discussion,MIC,miitary,industrial,complex,UFO,pseudo,reality">
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
[yb]<meta name="physics" content="yada yada yada">[/yb]

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:41 pm

Haha yeah. I was going round trying to learn this meditation or that breathing technique from this teacher or that teacher. These last few weeks I realised that HE was inside me. So why was I running around asking for other people to unlock me? And why was I learning sanskrit mantras when He speaks pretty good English?

It's like frantically searching the house for your car keys when you have them in your pocket. They even jingle sometimes.

It's a big cosmic joke and it's on us.

An old story that bears repeating, plus commentary from Steve Gamble:
An old Hindu legend tells of the time when all men were gods, but they so abused their ‘divinity’ that Brahma, Master of the Gods, decided to remove their divine power and hide it in a place where they couldn’t find it. The gods were called together to solve the problem of where to hide man’s divinity. “ Let us bury man’s divinity in the Earth” was one suggestion, but Brahma replied, “ No, that will not do, because man will dig up the Earth and find it.” The gods then said, “ In that case, let us throw man’s divinity into the deepest ocean.” Brahma replied, “ No, because sooner or later man will explore the depths of all the oceans and find it.” The gods then concluded, “ We do not know where to hide it. There appears to be no place on earth that man will someday not reach.” Brahma said after much thought, “ Then this is what we shall do with man’s divinity. We will hide it in the deepest part of man himself, because that is the only place where he will never think to look.”

Ever since then, man has circled the earth, has explored, climbed, dug, dived and flown to far away places in search of something that can only be found within himself.

We are all able to experience our own divinity by looking within ourselves. And what should we make of this inner journey? The beauty of this inner journey is we do not have to purchase any tickets for it: it costs us nothing but a small amount of our time. We can start when we want, stop when we want and recommence anytime we wish to. Within each and every one of us lies the truth and an immense and wonderful world of beauty and peace waiting to be explored. All the knowledge, wisdom and secrets of the Universe, our true selves and the reason we are here, is within each and every one of us, just waiting to be accessed, if we so desire. It is our right. We are all one and the same, yet we are individual too, just like each piece of a jigsaw. We may only see ourselves as single threads in this immense tapestry we call life, but we are also the whole tapestry! We just need to remember.
http://www.freedomtek.org/en/first_step ... _three.php
Last edited by Happyslap Buddha on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Cockslap Buddha wrote:Haha yeah. I was going round trying to learn this meditation or that breathing technique from this teacher or that teacher. These last few weeks I realised that HE was inside me. So why was I running around asking for other people to unlock me? And why was I learning sanskrit mantras when He speaks pretty good English?

It's like frantically searching the house for your car keys when you have them in your pocket. They even jingle sometimes.

It's a big cosmic joke and it's on us.
I'm reading a book you'd like. Can't remember the name. Remind me later when I'm home I'll email it to you.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:44 pm

A joke, or a funny dream; or does it matter which?

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:51 pm

lkwalker wrote:A joke, or a funny dream; or does it matter which?
It's all a dream. Joke or not depends on how you interpret it.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:03 pm

I think you're onto something there.

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:23 am

When you say "dream"... that's a way to put it, but the dream of existence seems a bit more tangible and I would like to then ask, if this is a dream then what is a dream? When people say "it's all a dream" I feel a hesitation to agree because they say it as if to label it a dream lessens the gravity of what it is that existence actually is. To call it a "dream" really doesn't do it justice because of that very label. Dreams are important. When we have a dream at night, we can just brush it off as "just a dream" but we're not fully aware of the importance of what happens to us while we're immersed in our dreams. Dreams change and define us. Dreams aren't just dreams. I can't stress enough the immensity of meaning that word fails to do justice in expressing.

"Life is but a dream"

Yes and no.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will see God.

Under the shadow of thy wings, Jehovah.