NASA sending two spacecraft to the moon.

UFOs have a separate forum.
MrPenny

Re: NASA sending two spacecraft to the moon.

Post by MrPenny » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:09 am

"Far Side".....means it's the side that stays opposite the Earth. "Dark side" is misleading 'cause the sun shines just as frequently on all sides of the moon.

One theory for why the far side looks so different is that the moon acts as a asteroid and meteor magnet due to it's mass hanging out there.....and since that side is turned away from us, incoming objects have munched it up into moon confetti.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 am

MrPenny wrote:"Far Side".....means it's the side that stays opposite the Earth. "Dark side" is misleading 'cause the sun shines just as frequently on all sides of the moon.

One theory for why the far side looks so different is that the moon acts as a asteroid and meteor magnet due to it's mass hanging out there.....and since that side is turned away from us, incoming objects have munched it up into moon confetti.

But how if it isn't rotating the same way as the Earth?

Egg

Post by Egg » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:11 am

MrPenny wrote:"Far Side".....means it's the side that stays opposite the Earth. "Dark side" is misleading 'cause the sun shines just as frequently on all sides of the moon.

Fair enough, but the same "face" looks down on us. I also read something about lava flows on the far side. I wonder if there's any truth to that.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:13 am

Pam wrote:

But how if it isn't rotating the same way as the Earth?

MrPenny

Post by MrPenny » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:16 am

Egg wrote:Fair enough, but the same "face" looks down on us.

I think that's what I just said. We see what is referred to as "Near Side".
I also read something about lava flows on the far side. I wonder if there's any truth to that.
One theory is that the increased meteoric activity generates it. I wonder if tidal influences may have something to do with it.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:16 am

It makes one turn on it's axis at roughly the same time it takes to revolve around Earth.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:17 am

This condition is referred to as tidal locked.

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:19 am

You guys beating around the bush?

Talk about the alien bases already.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:26 am

Royal wrote:You guys beating around the bush?

Talk about the alien bases already.
Royal, I think the Alien bases have been moved to Mars now, why else would they finally let us see close ups of the moon?

It all makes perfect sense, when ME gets here I'm going to ask him to do a fly by in the zipulator and check out if the moving trucks are finished packing things. They've only got until January to get out of dodge!

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:45 am

"Clearly we don't understand what is happening inside the moon," she said.
That's because it's hollow and filled with people.
Hubbard said undergraduates at the University of San Diego will serve as "a link," passing the images through the MoonKAM website to middle school students
Translated from federal weasel talk that means "Men in black disguised as undergraduates will alter the pictures before giving them to the students."
I'm sick of the fucking moon. They oughta hire Dr Geezer to blow that damned thing up.
If you can come up with more cash than the moon men I'll blast away.
youpoop nonsense.
Synchronous orbit my ass.

The Moon has lakes and trees and stuff, but the moon men project a hologram so you don't see it, and a one sided hologram is cheaper to project than one that is moving. BE knows better, he's seen it from the bridge of the Zipulator.
It all makes perfect sense, when ME gets here I'm going to ask him to do a fly by in the zipulator and check out if the moving trucks are finished packing things. They've only got until January to get out of dodge!
This is a fake launch too. No close up picks. If you would like I could post some real ones.
Hey, it's Martian's job to have a meltdown every time NASA does something with the tax money they stole out of his pockets!
I have no problem paying taxes for space exploration, give the money to the Bangladeshi space agency so it will not be squandered.
Credo quia absurdum.