Pana asked me to start a thread on Freedom..

IndicusMaximus

Re: Pana asked me to start a thread on Freedom..

Post by IndicusMaximus » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:11 pm

That's a pretty cool experience. I'd love to visit the ruins of Tikal. Before my passport expires, I'm gunna try getting down there one of these years soon.
I gotta brush up on my Espanol first.

I think that's the perfect answer. Considering how much slower things moved back then, I couldn't imagine that at the rate we're going, the same boredom won't set in much quicker and much harder. It'll be like a maglev train barreling into a concrete wall at 400+ mph, because there's no brakes on this crazy thing!
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will see God.

Under the shadow of thy wings, Jehovah.

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:18 pm

My philosophy is this:

If you hate your job, then quit.

Perhaps if enough people did exactly that for no other reason than it totally sucked for everyone involved, then the problems we facxe would find a way to solve themselves.... but people, ever-arrogant and ignorant of the blindness their own knowledge has caused them to contract, think daily that if they can only march to the beat one day longer that magically this monstrous Typhonic Beast will actually grow a discernable human head and we'll be able to reason with it and end its chaotic consumption of the Earth and one day the Universe if we're that stupid with hubris.

Typhon does not have a head. It is a purely chaotic monstrosity that lurks just beyond our vision, and the reason it got so big and terrifying is because we have been able to lull ourselves to sleep with denial of its existence and the immnent threat it poses. It is closer to each of us than you'd think.

Egg

Post by Egg » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:22 pm

There's a life around us that most of us have little to no control over. I think it moves as it wants regardless of our thoughts about it. Do what you want or what you feel you must do and that's that.

People, in general, take advantage of each other, and that's that. You know why so many are fine with the rich getting away with shit because they want the same power and hope to obtain it one day, too. That's all.

Freedom is a relative term. The more of us there are in this limited space the more the freedom of a few will grow and the rest will shrink.

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:56 pm

On your right is Typhon. On your left is Apophis.

When the occasion strikes you, remember to wear a diaper.

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Egg wrote:There's a life around us that most of us have little to no control over. I think it moves as it wants regardless of our thoughts about it. Do what you want or what you feel you must do and that's that.

People, in general, take advantage of each other, and that's that. You know why so many are fine with the rich getting away with shit because they want the same power and hope to obtain it one day, too. That's all.

Freedom is a relative term. The more of us there are in this limited space the more the freedom of a few will grow and the rest will shrink.
Shrinkage. And that's it.
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:36 pm

I was in the pool!

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:41 pm

The more of us there are in this limited space the more the freedom of a few will grow and the rest will shrink
I rest my case.
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:
The more of us there are in this limited space the more the freedom of a few will grow and the rest will shrink
I rest my case.
Hey, that's my case!

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:46 pm

A case is a case is a case.

MrPenny

Post by MrPenny » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:49 pm

But not when it's a valise.