B.C. eagle cams about to show hatchings

Pam
Princess Feet

B.C. eagle cams about to show hatchings

Post by Pam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:20 pm

A B.C. wildlife website is expecting millions of visitors in the next few days as viewers hope to catch a hugely popular springtime phenomenon — eagle eggs hatching.

The Hancock Wildlife Foundation has cameras aimed at five eagles' nests.

They all have at least two eggs and eaglets are expected to emerge from them at any moment.

"The first of those that's going to hatch an egg is probably going to be [Thursday] and it's the Delta 2 nest, which is one of our five nests," said David Hancock.

Anyone with a computer will be able to watch the chicks hatch in real time.

They might also see another reality of nature in the raw — ravens stealing or eating the eggs.
Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -cams.html

I have been avoiding going to this Website becaue I fear I won't be able to leave, many people in my office have had this site open in the background while they are at work.... http://www.hancockwildlife.org/index.ph ... ock-Eagle1

If you like to see nature at work, I've heard it is addicting :D

Egg

Re: B.C. eagle cams about to show hatchings

Post by Egg » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Cool stuff , Pam. One site I was a member of, one of the other member's put up a link to owl hatchlings. The mom ate one of them actually. HA!!! Nature, it's so wonderful ;)

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Egg wrote:Cool stuff , Pam. One site I was a member of, one of the other member's put up a link to owl hatchlings. The mom ate one of them actually. HA!!! Nature, it's so wonderful ;)
I watched the Owls.... I loved it, I drove everyone nuts because I was obsessed with it ;)

Egg

Post by Egg » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:23 pm

:D Hahahaahahahaaa! Owls are cool Big birds of prey are awesome.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:18 pm

There is a dead something in the nest.... I am assuming the male brought some goodies for the female to snack on.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:47 am

Pam wrote:There is a dead something in the nest.... I am assuming the male brought some goodies for the female to snack on.
Looks like she is more concerned with not falling out of the nest at the moment, wow, it's windy!

Great link, Pam, I'm hooked already.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:17 pm

They hatched yesterday :D

It is supposed to be a nice sunny day here today so you might get a chance to have a good look at the hatchlings :D

Edit to add: It was the Sydney location (not White Rock) http://www.hancockwildlife.org/index.ph ... a1#closeup