For You Alien Lovers

Dr Exile

Re: For You Alien Lovers

Post by Dr Exile » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:08 am

When I landed my Martian interplanetary zipulator in down town Athens a few thousand years ago Plato said to me "kewl interplanetary boat youve got there."

When I landed in the New World back in 1491 the Injuns said "Uhg, flying horsie gottom no legs."
Credo quia absurdum.

Pana

Post by Pana » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:08 am

MrPenny wrote:It just occurred to me that it might be fruitful to pay attention to 'reports' and use demographics to track the descriptions. For instance, in the last twenty years, how do New Yorkers describe sightings versus Peruvian sheepherders? Know what I mean.....Dean? Might there be a correlation with cultural and ethnic advancement and the descriptions?
Mr. Penny...

You can actually do this to a certain degree on the Mufon website. They have a data base of sightings that will allow you to put in paramters like years, shape, colour, etcetera.

NARCAP, based in France, focuses on anaomlous arial sightings from pilots. A few of their reports also list the statistics of what pilots saw and described.

http://www.narcap.org/international/intlorgscases.htm
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:23 am

Pana wrote:
MrPenny wrote:It just occurred to me that it might be fruitful to pay attention to 'reports' and use demographics to track the descriptions. For instance, in the last twenty years, how do New Yorkers describe sightings versus Peruvian sheepherders? Know what I mean.....Dean? Might there be a correlation with cultural and ethnic advancement and the descriptions?
Mr. Penny...

You can actually do this to a certain degree on the Mufon website. They have a data base of sightings that will allow you to put in paramters like years, shape, colour, etcetera.

NARCAP, based in France, focuses on anaomlous arial sightings from pilots. A few of their reports also list the statistics of what pilots saw and described.

http://www.narcap.org/international/intlorgscases.htm
Very cool, Pan. Thanks for the tip! ;)