Posted today at Amkon by esteemed member BE

lkwalker

Re: Posted today at Amkon by esteemed member BE

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:32 pm

Always. That's the principle occupation of all incisive forum rats.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

skunk

Post by skunk » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:34 pm

No I don't care you can't act all high and mighty though if you pull that shit there and come here to "play nice." It's quite hypocritical.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Skunkie, the same shit happens here without the additive of racism and homophobia. That's the only diffference.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:40 pm

skunk wrote:No I don't care you can't act all high and mighty though if you pull that shit there and come here to "play nice." It's quite hypocritical.
It could be argued that being an asshat at the kon is the proper way to interact based on it's member philosophy. Not be would be hypocritical.

MrPenny

Post by MrPenny » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:51 pm

skunk wrote:No I don't care you can't act all high and mighty though if you pull that shit there and come here to "play nice." It's quite hypocritical.
Not the least bit "hypocritical".....I'm completely aware of the dichotomy. It's like going to sermon on Sunday morning......then spending the afternoon at the tavern with the boys. Different venues.....different behavior. Amk0n is my equivalent of an Internet toilet......I'll take a dump in it whenever I like.

But I won't shit anywhere....."don't shit where you eat", and I feed my brain at many different places. This being one of them.

There's very little serious or thoughtful going on at the other forum skunk......the idea that behaving in a normal fashion for that forum is "pulling that shit" is comical.

And finally, I'll point out that my post that started the entire farce was neutral, mentioned no members, made no disparaging remarks about the forum, was on topic.......and yet, was answered with the same stupid childish shit we've grown to love there.......

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:00 pm

I totally agree with what you say here skunk. I never saw the two sites as being separate as far as play nice at one place and not the other. I saw them as two sites with different rules to play by.

The problem is, anytime someone (with the exception of LaR and BE) try posting at Amkon they are attacked. I see those attacks as saying "you are no longer welcome here".

Because Amkon doesn't ban, which I am not saying is a bad thing, it does attract a certain kind of person that will definitely continually try and push the limits to see if they can get themselves banned.

For whatever reason.... just before TD was created, there was an influx of those types signing up. I found myself posting less and less because of them. I was so glad to see you draw the line with Nazi Mick as he was truly sick.

Even when TD was formed, I never stopped posting at Amkon, but because I was posting at both.... I was being ganged up on and pushed away and described as a traitor. I was really confused about that because many people that post at Amkon also post at other Forums.

It was assumed that TD was trying to steal members but I was never given that impression when I was invited here. I believe the invites were being done slowly rather than a blanket announcement to weed out an influx of everyone signing up at once and TD becoming a clone of Amkon which wasn't the reason for it forming in the first place.

I was clearly told the rules are different and not to join if I didn't like the rules.

I posted not to long ago at Amkon feeling badly for you because the threads were all race related but not a sensible discussion, just cruel name calling, and I could sense your frustration. I said something about what people will say about others without having to walk in their shoes, immediately I was accused of coming to voice a "TD" opinion and basically not to stoop. It wasn't a "TD" opinion, it was my opinion and I was joining into a conversation not as a representative of anyone but myself.

It really is what it is, sadly.

Egg

Post by Egg » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Skunk's a good guy and doesn't deserve to get shit on.

No matter what most of the posters here do when they go over there, they'll get shit on.

There are a few people who need to have their heads examined and who the fuck cares anymore.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:19 pm

who the fuck cares anymore
that pretty much sums it up.

Egg

Post by Egg » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:23 pm

lkwalker wrote:
who the fuck cares anymore
that pretty much sums it up.
Yeah, I can't get started on the whole thing. There are a few people who are just complete dicks, or have acted as such, and are so hypocritical about the whole affair that it makes me laugh and pisses me off at the same time. But, that's people, right?

The rest of them can go jump in a brushfire. If how they act online is at all how they act in real life they're not contributing anything worthwhile. Fuck them.

Resident Contrarian

Post by 1972 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Whoo, whoo, whoo. . .

The fuckhole is being taken out of context. Oh wait never mind, this is from the same guy that said I was a poser. Carry on.
"Making fun of born-again Christians is like hunting dairy cows with a high powered rifle and scope." ~ P.J. O'Rourke

"God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance." ~ M. Twain