Geezer Greetings

Professor Geezer

Re: Geezer Greetings

Post by Professor Geezer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:56 pm

If at 95 you feel relatively healthy, can still think well and can put up with the likes of BE then it is not such a bad thing.

I had a great aunt that lived on her own until she was 100. Looked after herself and her mind operated at full capacity still.
On a lighter note, I take delight in defying my dragon lady niece, (Ash's mother) and sneaking into the old shed and firing up the only new car I ever bought new. It terrorizes her.

I bought it for myself to celebrate my tenure. It's a 1947 MG TC roadster. She thought she hid the keys from me, but I out witted her. I wait until she is upstairs, then quietly open the shed doors, and veroom! Chase her chickens around the lawn, then I'm off to cruse old highway 25. I feel positively fiendish behind the wheel of that thing. It's very exhilarating.

My niece has a hissy fit.
A pearl is the result of victory over irritation.

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:37 pm

She was a free spirit, and more adventurous than I. When a barnstormer came to town she wanted to go, so I bought her a ride for five dollars. The old fleetwing wasn't very well maintained, and when he did a loop we all heard a loud crack, and the wing folded back. I watched in horror as the old plane spun into the ground.

I knew the old broad and she never looked better.
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

averagejoe

Post by averagejoe » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Professor Geezer wrote:I have an old apple at the moment.
Enough about your vocal chords, what computer are you using?

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi, Joe. Where ya been?
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

averagejoe

Post by averagejoe » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:01 pm

I have been trolling christians.

Now I'm having a break and checked in to see if anything interesting has happened.

My new idol is Pat Condell.